Monday, June 8, 2009

SUPERNATURAL

Dean, Sam and the Impala Pictures, Images and Photos

I finally caught up on my Supernatural viewing.
...Basically.
I just have to watch Season 4 now.
I had only seen the first season and I was stuck on that damn cliffhanger ending for what seemed like an eternity. However, I have travelled further down the road alongside the Brothers Winchester now and what a fine journey it has been.
...Even though I have ANOTHER cliffhanger to deal with.
Awesome.

No harm, though. I can wait. A tale this good is more than worthy and most definitely warrants my patience.
I have been thoroughly impressed, thus far.
I thought the first season was damn good, but the following adventures just continue to add more and more depth to this escalating war between evil, demonic hell-spawn and two good brothers who like shotguns and drive a pimp Impala that is so mind-numbing in its awesomeness that I would not be surprised if the final episode of this entire series revealed that the unholy denizens of Hell actually just wanted Dean's sweet ride.
Just look at this thing. Understandable, no?

Metallicar 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
(Give me this car, and I'll ass-slap Lucifer myself)


The show has also noticeably increased its violence levels and intensity; which is more than welcome. The brothers go up against a buffet of nightmarish entities that do some pretty unsavoury things to people all in the name of fun and mayhem. The brothers therefore must unload double-barrels of salty justice to return the favour.
Dad would be proud.
I don't want to see Sam and Dean teach a 'confused' ghost the error of its haunting ways by way of a stern lecture and maybe a comforting hug.
Fuck that noise.

a friendly ghost Pictures, Images and Photos
(He probably just ate the skin off someone's grandmother. Prick)

The unyielding approach to violence, the quality of the writing and the EXCELLENT performances by both Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles has also thrown some refreshing illumination upon the dark, rotten and undoubtedly haunted house that represents the current state of horror films these days. I enjoyed myself more with one season of this show than with every horror film I've seen in the past year combined.
Sad but true.

I have to give praise to Ackles again, yo. This guy is just badass. If they ever get around to making a TV show based on The Walking Dead comic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead , then Ackles would make a solid Rick Grimes.

the walking dead Pictures, Images and Photos
(This series is epic. Start reading it, y'all)

There is one other factor that has made Supernatural worthy of my undivided attention.
Her name is Ruby.
Katie Pictures, Images and Photos
(Give me this girl, and I'll ass-slap Lucifer myself)

What can I say? I'm a sucker for blonde, knife-wielding hotties who have a healthy dose of sass and demonic lineage.

2 comments:

  1. hangue, what a fantastic writeup -- i can't wait for you to get to season four, either! this show ROCKS and i'm happy to welcome you into the church of SPN and the gospel of the winchesters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is kinda cliche' but those Winchester brothers KICK ASS (and maybe take some names along the way). I've seen many, many series come and go over the past 30 years but Supernatural has me by the short hairs and ain't lettin' go. IMHO it is the best of the best.

    ReplyDelete